Music Export Memphis is partnering with ArtsMemphis on its broad COVID-19 relief efforts for the arts. All musician funds will be disbursed from Music Export Memphis via PayPal. This partnership is allowing MEM to leverage its own fundraising and funds designated for arts support from the Community Foundation of Greater Memphis via ArtsMemphis.
Artists may request up to $500.
UPDATE April 3: We’re excited to announce that thanks to a generous gift from the Roots and American Music Society, the first 150 applicants to the MEM COVID-19 Relief Fund will receive an additional $100 on top of their grant award! RAMS wanted to be sure you were fed so they’re hoping you’ll spend this bonus cash on some meals for you or you and your family. Maybe even with a Memphis restaurant you love that’s offering contactless delivery? Huge thanks to RAMS for this significant gift. Keep reading for guidelines and information on the grant process.
Please take a look at the guidelines below, which are also available for your review on the ArtsMemphis site.
- Funding requests should be related to gigs, contracts or employment that have been permanently cancelled since March 1, 2020 due to COVID-19, not just postponed.
- Artists may apply for lost income due to any documented cancellation of gigs or contracts, including weddings and private events, commissions, teaching engagements, etc.
- The fund is limited to artists residing in Shelby County, TN.
- At this time artists are only able to apply one time.
- At this time this funding is not available for commercial artists. Applicants must be self-employed or employed/contracted by a nonprofit arts and culture organization in Shelby County.
- If you have other full-time employment that has not been disrupted, you are not eligible to apply; this funding is intended to support individuals who receive a significant percentage of their income through their art.
- Applications will be accepted via an online form on a rolling basis until funds are depleted.
- If an applicant does not have internet access, they should call ArtsMemphis at 901-578-2787 and leave a voicemail with a call back number.
- A version of the application will be made available in Spanish; to request email email@example.com.
- Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- The application will open on April 1, and the application deadline is April 8 at 12 p.m. Grant decisions will be made by April 10 at 5 p.m.
- Funding decisions will be based on documented loss of income demonstrating a specific financial need, and funding availability.
- This is a competitive process as funding is limited. Successful applications will include clear and specific evidence of your loss of income.
- Submission of an application does not guarantee funding.
- All music applicants will be reviewed and funds administered by Music Export Memphis.
- If funds continue to be available, the application will remain open and submitted applications will be reviewed weekly on Wednesday afternoons.
- Due to the fluidity of this current situation, the review and decision making process may evolve in order to best serve our community of artists.
- Applicants will receive e-mail notification of award decisions.
- Music Export Memphis will pay musicians via PayPal except in cases where that represents a hardship for an applicant.